Meditation & Mindfulness
Hello! I am the owner of Dhanya Wellness. I was first introduced to meditation as a young child and began formal studies in spirituality, yoga, and meditation in 2004 at The Himalayan Institute in Pennsylvania. Along with being trained in Buddhist mindfulness practice, I am also a certified meditation teacher from The Mindfulness Center at Bethesda in DC. Since 2016 I have further explored meditation extensively with Dr. Tara Brach and have worked with people to treat stress, fear, anxiety, anger, depression, grief and trauma.
I use various meditation techniques, along with pranayama and relaxation to help people discover the immense compassion and love in them which brings forth patience, insight, clarity, dissociation from thoughts and feelings, leading to awareness, contentment, and well-being.
Dhanya Wellness works to promote emotional healing and encourage people to develop a healthy lifestyle by teaching them how to awaken awareness, compassion, and wisdom through the practice of Mindfulness and Meditation.
For the most part, our mind is engaged in a continuous internal dialogue where the meaning and emotional associations of one thought triggers the next. All day long our mind spins stories ranging from our home to workplace and everything in between. Quite often we are not even conscious of the internal dialogue unfolding in our mind and yet it is the greatest source of stress in our lives.
As research has established, the mind has a negativity bias, a tendency to pay more attention to negative experiences than to positive ones.
Meditation is one of the best tools we have to counter the brain’s negativity bias, release accumulated stress, foster positive experiences and intentions, and enjoy the peace of present moment awareness. Having a regular meditation practice produces tangible benefits for mental and physical health, including decreasing blood pressure and hypertension, lowering cholesterol levels, reducing production of “stress hormones”, efficient use of oxygen, improving immune function, improvinng memory and attention, changing bad habits, and decreasing anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
Services include specific breathing techniques, relaxation practices and guided meditations to –
- Address frustration, stress, anger, fear, anxiety, grief, trauma, depression, chronic pain, diabetes, blood pressure, hypertension, insomnia, and strengthen immune system.
- Improve memory and attention and develop clarity of mind.
- Cultivate forgiveness, positive attitude and change bad habits.
- Meditation sessions offered to anyone interested in simply developing a practice, and to those who want to deepen their practice.
Pallavi uses her training to:
- To listen actively with respect and compassion.
- To provide skills necessary to cultivate a Mindfulness practice that helps develop clarity of mind and empowers clients to recognize their strength and abilities.
- To incorporate breathing and relaxation techniques, along with meditation practices to strengthen resilience and develop emotional well-being.
- To integrate a nonjudgmental attitude that helps develop compassion and loving-kindness towards oneself and others by systematically leading clients to observe their thoughts and feelings without judgment.
- To use meditation techniques to help clients contemplate on their thoughts, understand their unhealthy thought patterns and create new, positive ones that allow for healthier functioning.
- To welcome new participants to Mindfulness & Meditation and guide those who want to deepen their practice.
*Dhanya Wellness is a separate business entity that is located inside of Family Solutions and Wellness Center.