Do you experience any of the following symptoms in your daily life?
- No control over your sense of worry or fear
- Feeling tense, nervous, panicked or unable to relax
- Find yourself holding your breath or unable to breathe comfortably
- You are irritated or triggered easily and you cannot understand why
- You are constantly on edge waiting for something bad to happen
- Loss of control over irrational thoughts
- Difficulty slowing thoughts down when trying to relax or sleep
- Relationship conflict due to heightened anxiety or feeling your worry is dismissed
If you said yes to any of the above, anxiety might be negatively impacting your life. Living with the grip of anxiety can feel helpless and might make you wonder if you are living your life to the fullest. Anxiety can interfere with your sense of emotional safety and leave you exhausted from the stress of wondering what will happen next. It can also play out in our relationships, making it difficult to feel loved, connected, and understood by the ones we love most.
How To Seek Help
You may wonder if you will ever be able to gain control over your anxiety. You may think there are no options for help, or you want help but do not know where to begin. You may also feel that your anxiety is helpful at times and therefore wonder if you need therapy or not.
We are here to help guide you.
The truth is, you are not alone. Over 40 million Americans struggle with the impact of anxiety on their lives. Though anxiety can show up in positive ways, like helping us to be prepared, proactive and safe; it affects so many of us in intrusive, unproductive ways. Your therapist will help you evaluate this, and will support you in the changes you are seeking to make. Anxiety is highly treatable and can be managed with the right treatment, whether that is talk therapy, medication, or a combination of both. We are here to help you explore these options and to promote a life of emotional freedom and safety.
How Will My Therapist Help Me?
You might ask, “How will talking to a therapist help my anxiety?”
Similar to medication, a therapist is a tool to help you manage negative or unwanted symptoms in your life. Our therapists at Family Solutions and Wellness Center are here for the following:
- Create a safe space for you to process your anxiety and its impact on your life
- Advocate for your emotional wellness and create a treatment plan that is in alignment with your personal goals for therapy
- Help you identify any triggers of your anxiety (e.g., situations, people, places, emotions) and teach you ways to manage those triggers
- Empathetically assist you in navigating painful or difficult emotions which may be underlying your anxious thoughts or behaviors
- Teach you mindfulness, breathing, or grounding techniques meant to help you gain control over anxiety’s impact on your body and mind
- Teach you ways to notice, evaluate, and restructure your thoughts
- Help your family members and loved ones better understand and support you
Your fight with anxiety does not have to be a battle, and you do not have to do it alone. You are your most powerful tool, and together we can help you utilize your insight and skills to take control over your anxiety. Make an appointment with one of our therapists today to take the first step in managing your anxiety in a way that allows you to live a more balanced life.